Sunday, February 8, 2009

Blink 182

  For those of you who watched the Grammy Awards tonight, you know that the band blink 182 is back together!  I wasn't even watching the awards but my sister who was watching, yelled and told me to come and see what was going on.  When I saw all three of the members, Tom DeLonge, Travis Barker, and Mark Hoppus, on stage together, I couldn't believe my eyes.  Then came the announcement that they are back together, making a new album, and planning on a world tour.  This is the best news I've heard in a while.  I can't wait to see what these guys come up with next.  Just like so many kids who grew up in the '90s, they were the first real band I ever really loved.  
  However, I do have a few questions.  Angels & Airwaves (the band DeLonge put together during blink's hiatus) is another one of my favorite bands.  What will happen to them?  Are they finished, or is DeLonge going to take on both projects at the same time?  Also, the band +44 (formed by Barker and Hoppus).  Are they finished also?  It will be interesting to see what happens.