Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day After Day After Day

Disclaimer:  This post is basically a big whining session so you may not want to waste your time reading it.  

After reading a blog by my good friend Winters, I realized that I am not alone in my feelings of hatred for school.  I have been told that one's college years are the best years of one's life.  This is a flat out lie.  Gone are the days of happily playing with friends every day and feeling carefree.  The only thing college does for me is put a huge load of stress on my shoulders.  I never get to play with my friends and every moment that I'm not busily involved in something school-related, I feel a huge wave of guilt spread over me because I know I should be working on something.  At the start of the semester, I was actually excited about school and I was really into trying hard and doing well.  Now it is only halfway through the semester and I am just about ready to throw in the towel.  After spending 5 1/2 hours in the library yesterday studying for my physiology class, it hit me: this drudgery is not going to end for at least 5 more years.  Holy fudge.  Hopefully this hopelessness is just a stage that will pass quickly.    

3 comments:

Brooke said...

hannah don't fret I will be there tomorrow and we will play! Give you a little break from all your school work.

WINTERS said...

Maybe one day you will be flying in a plane across the ocean and then the plane will crash and you will be lost on an island. Wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever? No school, and you could sleep in every day.

SweatyShembach said...

Unfortunately that feeling doesn't ever go away. And I'm assuming life after school is even more stressful. So basically the rest of life is going to suck. But you should try what I told Winters to do. Chase a cat around outside and you will feel so much better.