Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bayside


I realize that lately I have been blogging about music a lot. This is probably because my life consists of hours upon hours of studying in the library whilst listening to tunes. On Friday I had the good fortune of seeing one of my favorite bands live in concert: Bayside. It sure felt good to get out of Manti and see some live music. I have liked Bayside for a long time. They are not well known and I have not been able to figure out why because they freakin' rock. Friday was my second time seeing them in concert. They were one of the opening bands for New Found Glory. New Found Glory was ok but I would've much rather seen Bayside as the headlining band. Their most recent album is called "Shudder." If you are a fan of good rock 'n roll, I would definitely recommend giving these guys a listen. Frontman Anthony Raneri has a really unique voice and guitarist Jack O'Shea has some real face-melting guitar solos. I know because I was about 5 feet away from one of them on Friday night. Bayside has released 4 albums, one live album, and one acoustic album. I would definitely recommend their acoustic album as well as "The Walking Wounded" and "Shudder." As a matter of fact, I would recommend any of their stuff. Just give them a try and tell me what you think.

No comments: