Sunday, April 26, 2009

Just Some Thoughts

I just thought I'd get on here and write a few of my thoughts from the past little while. First off, baseball's back! I went to a Salt Lake Bees game with my family a few weeks ago and man, it felt good to be back at the ballpark. I can't wait to go to some more games. Also, this weekend I got to watch a couple of Red Sox games on TV, even though I probably should have been studying for finals. This series against the Yankees was awesome! Game one on Friday night was incredible. Jason Bay hit a two-run homer off of Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the 9th to send the game into extra innings and Kevin Youkilis ended it with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 12th. It doesn't get much better than that. Then yesterday, the Sox were down 6 to nothing and I thought it was over. Jason Varitek hit a grand slam, and everyone just started hitting like crazy. The Sox ended up winning 16-11. 16 runs is a lot of runs. Tonight's game was awesome too. The Sox ended up winning 4-1. The highlight of the game was when Jacoby Ellsbury stole home with the bases loaded to put the Sox ahead 3-1. He's the first Red Sox player to steal home in like 15 years. Anyway, it's just super nice to have baseball season back.

In other news, it is dreaded finals week. I really should be studying right now instead of writing this blog but I needed a little break. I just finished a six page paper on the history of Punk Rock and it was harder to write than you would think. Now I've got a sack full of 20 stacks of physiology flash cards that need to be reviewed before my final on Tuesday. Also, I've got half a semester's worth of History of Rock notes to memorize. On the bright side, I don't have to take my Math final because I got a good enough grade that my teacher isn't making me take it and I'll be completely done with all of my finals by Tuesday night. That will give me about 5 days of freedom before my nose is back to the grindstone with a maymester statistics class and a summer calculus class. I really am not looking forward to those classes, especially calculus, but it will be super nice to have them over with.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to everyone who still has finals, and have fun.

2 comments:

WINTERS said...

I hope that your classes aren't going to keep you from hanging out this summer. I want this summer to be the most bitchinest.

Hannah said...

Don't worry, I'll make time for fun. We need to play ping pong every day like the good old days and become professionals.