Wednesday, October 22, 2008

School

It's that time of the semester. Everyone across campus is starting to get burned out. I for one, consider myself to be pretty studious. I study like crazy for tests, turn in my homework on time, and never miss class. However, I have been having a super hard time staying focused these past couple of weeks. I can't seem to figure out what my problem is and I don't think I'm alone in this predicament. Tons of people are absent in each of my classes every day and I'm 99% sure that it's for the same reason that I have been thinking about sluffing class: we're flat-out sick of school.

I realize that I shouldn't be complaining. I'm pretty darn lucky to be getting a quality college education, but why is it so hard to stay focused? I know it'll all be worth it once I graduate and have a sweet job, but why is it so hard to keep that final goal in mind instead of focusing on the drudgery that is daily class? I think the key to being a successful student is managing your time. I don't care what professors say, iPods and Guitar Hero are NOT the devil (I totally aced my last anatomy test and every second I spent studying, I had headphones on). Taking free time for yourself to do whatever you like to do is a critical part of being a college student. When you've been studying your brains out all day, take some time to have fun. Go snowboarding, ride your bike, see a movie, take a nap, or do whatever you like to do because if you don't, more studying won't do you any good because you won't be able to focus anyway. Also, always keep your final goal in mind. When you're buried up to your eyeballs in homework, just think about how awesome it's going to feel when you finally graduate and you never have to go to school again. When that day finally comes, it will all be worth it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

oh hannah if i could only be as dedicated to school as you.

Ash said...

You know studies show that people who take a 10 minute break every hour are more successful in whatever they do!

You could just drop out or school, get married and have a kid....that sounds familiar, who do I know that did that...Oh Yay! ME!

HAHA SCHOOL SUCKS!!