Friday, October 17, 2008

Wisdom Teeth

Today I got my wisdom teeth removed and I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been nearly as bad as I expected.  At 7:30 my dad and I left Manti to drive to Sandy for my appointment.  The Dentist who did it is named Creed Haymond.  He was a rad guy and I'm related to him somehow, hence the last name.  
I went into the office, filled out the paper work, got some x-rays, and had to watch a short little movie about what to expect.  Then they asked me if I wanted to be asleep or awake during the procedure.  Of course I chose to be  asleep.  It was the coolest thing ever.  I have never had surgery of any kind.  Heck, I've never even been hospitalized, so I had no idea what to expect.  It was super easy actually.  They just give you an IV, which doesn't hurt at all, pump some antibiotics into your arm, and then give you the anesthetic.  I went right to sleep and I don't remember anything else until I got to the parking lot.  
On the way home, I ate some Mac and Cheese from KFC, had a slurpee, and slept the rest of the way home.  It wasn't bad at all.  After hearing everyone's horror stories, my experience was a walk in the park.  Maybe I shouldn't speak so soon though, I'll probably be super swollen tomorrow.  I'm not too worried about the pain though.  I've got a nice big bottle of Loritab for whenever I feel the need.  
The moral of the story is, don't be too freaked out if you have to get your wisdom teeth out.  Make sure you go to an oral surgeon so you can just snooze right through it, and just utilize your pain pills.
*   *   *

In other news, did everyone watch the Red Sox game last night?  Wow, that was awesome.  They came back from 7 to 0 in the 7th inning and won.  That was the biggest deficit a team has overcome in the playoffs since like 1925 or something.  It was incredible.  The series is now at 3-2 for the Rays and they're heading back to St. Petersburg for tomorrow's game (I wrote in my last post that game 5 would be in St. Petersburg.  I was mistaken).  I would just like to say that lately, the Sox never cease to amaze me.  They have had their backs against the wall so many times, and every time they find some way to come out of it.  I'm looking forward to seeing what happens tomorrow night.  Hopefully they'll keep this comeback going.  

No comments: