Thursday, October 9, 2008

WEEZER

On tuesday night I went to the Weezer concert in Salt Lake City and wow, was it awesome.  The opening band was supposed to be a band called Tokyo Police Club but for some reason it was a different band that I can't remember the name of.  They were alright, but nothing too exciting.  Next up was Angels & Airwaves.  I consider myself a pretty big AVA fan so I was pretty stoked to see them.  As usual, they didn't disappoint. Their use of lights and lasers was super rad.  They always put on a good show by building up to the more exciting parts.  Even if you're not a big fan of AVA, it's still cool to see Tom DeLonge (formerly of a little band called blink-182).  As enjoyable as Angels & Airwaves was, they were nothing in comparison to Weezer.  They opened up with the classic  "My Name is Jonas" and had a great set with a pleasing mixture of old and new songs such as "Pink Triangle," "Undone (the sweater song)," "Buddy Holly," "The Greatest Man That Ever Lived," "Pork and Beans," and tons more.  Something that was really cool that I have never seen before at a concert was they brought up a whole bunch of people onto the stage with all different kinds of instruments.  There were a bunch of guitars, a saxophone, a cello, a violin, an accordion, a trumpet, a trombone, and a few instruments that I don't even know the names of.  Then they had everyone play "Island in the Sun" and "Beverly Hills".  It was pretty cool.  Mostly I was just really jealous of all the people on stage that got to talk to Rivers.  When all was said and done, my friends and I had been on our feet for 5 hours straight and most of us had a 2 hour drive ahead of us.  After stopping to eat, we got home at about 3:15 am and I had class at 8:30.  Needless to say, wednesday was a pretty long day for me.  It was totally and completely worth it though.  If you ever get the chance to see Weezer in concert, you would have to be a complete retard to pass it up.    

No comments: