Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movin' on

  Today I registered for next semester's classes.  I've only got 3 classes: Physiology, Chemistry, (and the labs that go with those two), and History of Rock and Roll.  It doesn't sound like much, but that's 12 credit hours, which legally makes me a full-time student still.  
  Anyway, I'm really excited because next semester will be my last one at Snow and then I'll be moving on to the U next fall.  It got me thinking, my move to the U will probably be the biggest change so far in my young life, a lot bigger than graduating from high school even.  I'm way stoked to live in Salt Lake because basically everything I love to do will be right at my fingertips when I'm there, such as snowboarding, concerts, etc...   However, I'm also a little nervous to move.  I'm not the most outgoing person in the world so it's probably going to be rough moving to Salt Lake and making a bunch of new friends.  In fact, I'm so un-outgoing that I hardly ever go to my own student ward because I don't know anyone in it, I just go to my friends' wards.  I tend to just sit back and be quiet when I'm around people I don't know very well.  This could be a major problem for me come next fall.  The way I see it, I have two options.  Option one: keep doing what I'm doing now, which is not making an effort to meet new people, and be a recluse for the rest of my life, or Option two: suck it up and make some friends.  I guess I'll give option 2 a try.  This will be interesting.           

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hannah you have no worries about meeting new friends at the U everyone loves you when they meet you! Your going to do great at the U!

Unknown said...

You'll be great at the U. I used to be just like you and was extremely shy. Just ask Chris or your mom. I still am shy, just not so much any more. I've learned in my 30 years to just be a little more 'out there'. Good luck next year and I'll miss having you here!

Chrissy said...

Just take it one step at a time and eventually you'll be whooping it up!! well as much as you can "whoop it up". I"ll be sad to see you go but I know you'll do great things at the U and of course I will be following your blog!!!

SweatyShembach said...

I'll be your friend:{)

Hannah said...

Thanks guys!